Sunday, January 2, 2011

My boys favorite drink






Forgive the quality of these images..i took them from my phone.

So ive decided that its time to start a cooking blog with all things related to feeding my three hungry boys. Im going to post our favorite recipes and tips and tricks I do to get my kids to eat healthier sometimes without them knowing it. I make the majority of our food from scratch because I avoid additives and processed food wherever i can.

My first post is going to be about something Ive loved since I was little. Orange Julius. Ive tried several recipes and this one is my favorite. Ive been making them for my kids for years and its a favorite of everyone around here. Its not the healthiest recipe from a nutritional standpoint because of the sugar but it makes up for it with the orange juice and calcium content that 3 growing boys need.


heres how i make mine:
6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
2 cups milk (fat content doesnt matter..i use 1%)
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
This part is critical.... 1 1/2 to 2 cups of SONIC ice..its the best and its worth the drive to sonic..unless you are like me and keep a bag in your freezer because you like it that much...The reason its the best is because it blends well and you dont get the big chunks of ice that you do if you use the ice in your freezer.

Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend until its combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment