Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chocolate Pudding

What it looks like when its done


I got this recipe from my friend Jacqueline Smith's blog. http://mac-aroni-n-cheese.blogspot.com/ I used to think it was hard to make pudding and since I had never had homemade pudding before i made it myself...i thought that was true. Couldnt be further than the truth. This is not any more difficult than pouring the jello powder in the pan and whisking milk in.
Thanks to Jacqueline.. i will NEVER buy store bought pudding again because this is 1000 times better than jello pudding. I think jello needs to make her recipe instead.
Here is her recipe for chocolate pudding. Its one of the desserts that makes my boys do their happy dances if they see me making it.


Jackis amazing pudding:
3 cups milk (any fat content will work but i usually use 2% milk)
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup cocoa
2/3 cup sugar
dash of salt
3T butter
1 T vanilla

In a saucepan, over medium heat, mix cornstarch, cocoa, sugar and salt. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Boil until it thickens and then take off the heat and add the butter and vanilla.

Pour into 6 of those small disposable ziploc bowls and refrigerate with the lids off until cold. If we arent eating it for dessert that night (a rare occasion because if they see me making it...they will eat any dinner i make to get this pudding for dessert) , i put the lids on.















No comments:

Post a Comment